~ Language ~
~ Recent Posts ~
- Coffee & Walnut brownies with Marsala Riserva
- International Wine Challenge 2017 – Tranche 1: new medals for our Coralto Nero d’Avola 2013 and Zibibbo Vito Curatolo Arini !
- Matthew Jukes writes about our Marsala on the Daily Mail!
- Christmas Dessert Recipes & Marsala Vito Curatolo Arini
- Gazpacho with sun-dried tomatoes and fresh summer herbs
The secret to this “New Classic” is the reconstitution of the dried porcini’s in “Marsala Wine” — and it’s vegetarian, too!
2 cups farro
4 cups vegetable stock
¼ porcini powder 1 cup dried porcini mushrooms
½ cup Sweet Marsala
½ cup Dry Marsala
½ cup shallots, fine diced
¼ cup garlic, fine diced
1 tablespoon cold butter
¼ cup red pepper, small diced 1 cleaned baby spinach
¼ cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
Technique Combine farro, vegetable stock and porcini powder in 6 qt. saucepan. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to a rolling boil for two minutes, cover, remove from heat and let stand until liquid is absorbed. About 10 minutes (Note: farro may require additional liquid).
Meanwhile, soak porcinis in ½ cup Dry Marsala until reconstituted. (about 10 minutes)
Combine reconstituted porcinis with their liquid, ½ cup Sweet Marsala, shallots and garlic in sauté pan on med-high heat and reduce by half.
Remove from heat. Mount with one tablespoon cold butter. Combine spinach, farro and porcini mixture together. Fold in until spinach is wilted.
Garnish with diced red pepper and grated Parmigiano-Reggiano.