~ Language ~
~ Recent Posts ~
- Coffee & Walnut brownies with Marsala Riserva
- International Wine Challenge 2017 – Tranche 1: new medals for our Coralto Nero d’Avola 2013 and Zibibbo Vito Curatolo Arini !
- Matthew Jukes writes about our Marsala on the Daily Mail!
- Christmas Dessert Recipes & Marsala Vito Curatolo Arini
- Gazpacho with sun-dried tomatoes and fresh summer herbs
DECANTER WINE AWARDS 2013: more medals for Curatolo Arini wines!
Finally we have the results! Two more medals for our Curatolo Arini wines: the Curatolo Arini Nero d’Avola 2009, Single Vinyard, has obtained a bronze medal – and the same for our favourite white wine, our Curatolo Arini Zibibbo 2011.
The Decanter World Wine Awards is the world’s leading wine competition. The competition is well known for its rigorous judging process, which has led to the Decanter World Wine Awards becoming the most authoritative source of wine recommendations for wine lovers worldwide. This year, the 219 judges were from all around the world assessed 14,362 wines from 52 countries. This year’s expert panel of judges included 75 Masters of Wine, and 13 Master Sommeliers.
Jean-Michel Valette MW, DWWA 2013 Judge, says: “What the DWWA team has really done is to recruit a panel of the very best palates in the world to taste each wine, and so when a wine wins a Decanter Medal in this competition, it’s something to be truly proud of.”
Chairman of the Decanter World Wine Awards, Steven Spurrier, says: “The DWWA has arrived at an authority, thanks to the judges, the organisation, thanks to the whole packaging. We’re here to recognise quality, that’s all we’re here for.”