~ Language ~
~ Post Recenti ~
- Coffee & Walnut brownies with Marsala Riserva
- International Wine Challenge 2017 – Tranche 1: new medals for our Coralto Nero d’Avola 2013 and Zibibbo Vito Curatolo Arini !
- Matthew Jukes writes about our Marsala on the Daily Mail!
- Christmas Dessert Recipes & Marsala Vito Curatolo Arini
- Gazpacho with sun-dried tomatoes and fresh summer herbs
La Ricetta Segreta: Involtini di Sergio
Definitely one of the family’s favorite moments of the year is when Sergio decides to make his involtini. For us it’s a real ceremony: it does take a while, but the result is just incredible.
Once you try one, you just can’t stop. There’s just one problem: there’s a secret ingredient, and no way he is going to tell us…
So more or less, this is what you will need to make Involtini:
– 1kg of very thin slices of veal
– 2 egg yolks
For the filling:
– 300 gr fresh bread crumbs
– 300 gr cheese: caciocavallo, grated parmigiano, provola piccante
– 2 onions
– 50 gr pine nuts
– olive oil
– herbs: tyme, basil
– bat leaves
– Salt and pepper
Finely cut 1 onion and put in a large bow: cut the cheese, herbs, pine nuts and add in the bowl together with the bread crumbs. Add some olive oil salt and pepper. Mix well the ingredients.
Cut the veal slices in small triangles, and add little salt and pepper.
Finally put a tea spoon of the filling in every veal slice, and roll it up.
Cut the 2nd onion in large slices and prepare the bay leaves. Put the involtini in skews, adding alternatively a piece of onion and a bay leaf. Beat the egg yolks, and lightly brush them over the involtini.
Finally you can cook them either in a hot pan with some olive oil, or roast them in the oven: but the best is to cook them on a barbeque. Serve with a green salad, potatoes and Coralto Nero d’Avola.
How do they taste?