~ Language ~
~ Recent Posts ~
- Coffee & Walnut brownies with Marsala Riserva
- International Wine Challenge 2017 – Tranche 1: new medals for our Coralto Nero d’Avola 2013 and Zibibbo Vito Curatolo Arini !
- Matthew Jukes writes about our Marsala on the Daily Mail!
- Christmas Dessert Recipes & Marsala Vito Curatolo Arini
- Gazpacho with sun-dried tomatoes and fresh summer herbs
Celeriac & Potato Soup
After all the festivities, all the lunches and dinners, sweets and cakes, you probably want to have some healthy light meals, but without sacrificing your taste buds! So here we are, ready to inspire you with some warm, good, healthy recipes, that you can enjoy with a nice glass of Curatolo Arini wine.
Here is our first one: Celeriac & Potato soup.
What you will need:
750gr Celeriac, peeled and chopped
500 Potatoes, peeled and chopped
4 tbsp olive oil
50 gr butter
Place the celeriac and potatoes into a pot of salted water, bring to the boil and simmer for 12-15 minutes, or until tender. Drain, return to the pot and heat to drive off any excess moisture.
Transfer the celeriac and potato to a food processor and blend to a smooth purée. Add the olive oil and butter, season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper and pulse once more to combine.
Serve warm: to finish you can add some toasted hazelnuts, some finely chopped sage or, if you want to make it even more tasty, some roasted speck or Parma ham. Match it with a lovely glass of Paccamora Syrah for an easy comfort week night dinner.
Thanks to Irma Green for her lovely recipe: for more tasty healthy tips visit www.irmagreen.com