For the pastry tubes
400 gr x Flour
50 gr x Sugar
300 gr x Butter
2 x Eggs
1 tbsp x Powdered bitter cocoa
1 x Egg white
1 tbsp x Sweet Marsala
For the filling
1 Kg x Sheep Ricotta
650 gr x Sugar
½ tsp x Vanilla extract
50 gr x Chocolate drops
50 gr x Diced candied orange peels
- Soften the butter to room temperature. Make a smooth dough with the flour, butter, eggs, sugar, cocoa, Marsala and salt (pinch) adding the necessary water. Wrap the pastry in cling film and leave in the fridge for about half an hour.
- In the meantime, mix in a bowl the ricotta with the sugar, a teaspoon of vanilla essence a pinch of salt.
- Roll out the dough cut into squares, roll them up diagonally round a cane stem, helping the edges to stick together with beaten egg white and some drops of water.
- Fry the rolls in hot oil until brown, drain them on paper towel and leave to cool. Remo slip the aluminum tubes out only when the rolls are completely cold.
- Add the chocolate chips to the ricotta mix and fill in the pastry tubes, sprinkle with icing sugar and decorate each end of the tube with candied orange peel.
Serve with a glass of slightly chilled, smooth and lush Curatolo Arini Marsala Superiore Dolce!